The Crestron Zūm® Battery-Powered Wireless Keypad (ZUMMESH-KPBATT) provides control of one or more Zūm J-Box Load Controllers (ZUMMESH-JBOX ). It is available with a rocker switch or various combinations of pushbuttons. The rocker switch version offers simple on/off switching and dimming adjustment, with the ability to save one scene preset. The pushbutton versions support the same capabilities with two or three scene presets. Pushbutton versions may be ordered with standard button labeling or custom button engraving.
All versions of the ZUMMESH-KPBATT allow for mounting to a standard electrical box, or they can be attached directly to the wall using screws or two-sided adhesive tape. A finished installation requires a decorator-style faceplate (sold separately).
ZUMMESH-KPBATT keypads are battery powered and completely wireless. They can operate for five years or more on a single lithium battery (included). Zūm Mesh wireless technology affords easy “pair and play” setup and integration as part of a complete Zūm commercial room lighting system.
Switch and Button Options
There are six versions of the ZUMMESH-KPBATT as follows:
- ZUMMESH-KP10ABATT – Provides a single rocker switch for on/off switch control, with the ability to adjust the dim level up or down by pressing and holding the switch. A single custom scene preset can be created, which is recalled when turning the lights on by pressing the up position on the rocker switch.
- ZUMMESH-KP10BBATT – Provides four pushbuttons labeled ON, SCENE 2, SCENE 3, and OFF. Three scene presets can be created and recalled, with Scene 1 assigned to the ON button. Manual dimming adjustment is achieved by pressing and holding the ON (up) and OFF (down) buttons.
- ZUMMESH-KP10CBATT – Provides six pushbuttons similar to the –KP10BBATT version, but with separate up and down buttons for dimming level adjustment.
- ZUMMESH-KP10DBATT – Provides six pushbuttons similar to the –KP10CBATT version, but with a SENSOR DISABLE button in place of SCENE 3. Pressing the SENSOR DISABLE button tells the lighting system to temporarily ignore the room’s daylight sensor and occupancy or vacancy sensors for a period of one hour. The sensors can be re-enabled manually by pressing and holding the SENSOR DISABLE button.
- ZUMMESH-KP10FBATT ENGRAVED – Provides four buttons with custom engraving. Functionality is identical to the –KP10BBATT version.
- ZUMMESH-KP10GBATT ENGRAVED – Provides six buttons with custom engraving. Functionality is identical to the –KP10CBATT version.
Pair and Play
Designed with flexibility and ease-of-use in mind, Zūm keypads are pre-programmed with “pair and play” functionality. An installer can simply install the keypad in a room along with Zūm load controllers, occupancy or vacancy sensors, and a daylight sensor, set up the room with a few quick button taps, and then use the keypad to control the lights in the room – no programming required! Room setup can also be accomplished using the Zūm app if the room is equipped with a Zūm Network Bridge. The Zūm Network Bridge also enables centralize monitoring and management via a Zūm Floor Hub and Zūm Net Wireless Gateway.
Zūm Mesh Wireless Technology
Ultra-reliable Zūm Mesh wireless technology provides steadfast peer-to-peer RF communications within a commercial space without the need for physical control wiring, hubs, or gateways. Employing a Wi-Fi® friendly 2.4 GHz peer-to-peer mesh network topology, nearly every Zūm Mesh device acts as a “routing node,” relaying wireless commands directly between Zūm Mesh devices to ensure that every command reaches its intended destination without disruption.
Zūm Mesh is smart! Every Zūm Mesh device knows its purpose and just the right messages to communicate to other Zūm Mesh devices within the space. Each Zūm Mesh device that is added to the space effectively increases the range and stability of the peer-to-peer mesh network by providing multiple redundant signal paths. Each Zūm Mesh device auto-negotiates its RF channel to provide robust communication and is protected through AES 128-bit encryption. The wireless range between any two Zūm Mesh devices is typically 50 feet (15 meters).
Please refer to the Zūm Lighting Control System Setup Guide (Doc # 7957A) for additional information.
- Item(s) sold separately. Refer to each product’s spec sheet for more information.
- Custom engraving must be specified at the time of order. Buttons cannot be changed or replaced in the field.
- “Zūm Mesh” refers to the peer-to-peer wireless mesh network within a room composed of dimmers, switches, load controllers, keypads, and sensors. AC-powered Zūm Mesh devices function as routing nodes, which effectively extend the range of the wireless network within the room. The ZUMMESH-KPBATT and other battery-powered devices only function as leaf nodes and do not extend range. Networks composed predominantly of battery-powered devices may require additional AC-powered devices, such as the ZUMMESH-JBOX-PSU, to serve as supplemental routing nodes to fill any gaps in coverage. Refer to the “Installation and Setup of Crestron RF Products, Best Practices” guide (Doc #6689) for additional guidelines.
- This product is part of a California Energy Commission Title 24 compliant solution. Refer to http://www.energy.ca.gov/title24/ to learn more about designing a fully compliant solution. Additional resources can be accessed via the Crestron Commercial Lighting Consultants Partner Portal at http://www.crestron.com/about/partner-info/commercial-lighting-consultants.
- This product is part of an ASHRAE 90.1 compliant solution. Refer to https://www.ashrae.org/ to learn more about designing a fully compliant solution. Additional resources can be accessed via the Crestron Commercial Lighting Consultants Partner Portal at http://www.crestron.com/about/partner-info/commercial-lighting-consultants.
- This product is part of an International Energy Conservation Code compliant solution. Refer to https://www.iccsafe.org/iecc/ to learn more about designing a fully compliant solution. Additional resources can be accessed via the Crestron Commercial Lighting Consultants Partner Portal at http://www.crestron.com/about/partner-info/commercial-lighting-consultants.